Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Twenty-fifth New Thing-Curves

Today is the day-yahoo! I joined Curves. I've got my gray exercise capris and cute green t-shirt, hair pulled up, new tennies on-I'm ready! At 9:00 am I'll get weighed and measured and learn all the fitness equipment at Curves. Curves is a women's fitness center that focuses on strengthening and toning. Boy do I need both! I ended my membership at the YMCA and will go to Zumba still but realized with school starting up in less than a month I needed exercise in my daily life. I'm not getting any younger-ouch! I was much too intimidated with the work-out equipment at the YMCA and I never used the bikes or treadmills since I have a treadmill at home. The money for Zumba exercise and the membership fee just wasn't sizing up. So my neighbor encouraged me to try Curves for the same money I was spending at the Ymca. I could make my own schedule and show up when it worked best for me. What a win-win situation! Now I really don't have an excuse to get fit at 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment