Thursday, April 1, 2010

Eleventh New Thing

Ouch! You know you are getting old when you have to attend a retirement seminar. Well that's my new thing today. I really haven't been looking forward to it either. It's a reminder of all the things that pain me in life - getting older, planning a retirement budget, no spouse to combine a retirement income with, valuable teaching years left and the list goes on......
On the flip side, I decided I needed a treat after the seminar and went to the local coffee place. Ahh! What a tall double decaf mocha bianca can do for the soul. Just the touch to make me realize the seminar was a wake-up call to plan and organize my valuable teaching years left and work hard the next ten years so retirement will be a blessing not a curse.
I certainly did learn crucial information that I didn't know or understand before. And because of that I'm working on buying back four years of KPERS that will be a definite plus come retirement time, since I can't depend on the multi-state lottery to fulfill my retirement plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment