Saturday, January 9, 2010

Third New Thing

Well it's officially January 9th and my new thing is my new groove! I finally mastered the art of zamba/samba (not sure of the spelling). I just know it's a step we use frequently in Zumba exercise classes. I wouldn't let my girls leave after Christmas until the taught me the secret of this step. Needless to say I still had two left feet! I don't want to be the 50-year old that sticks out in class that can't do the samba/zamba. My older two girls are both married and are licensed Zumba instructors and teach classes in the respective towns they live in. I know they realize I'm a bit of a challenge, but I'm determined (some say bull-headed). I managed three classes of Zumba this week (usually Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings). I really love it, but in the winter I have to force myself to get out of my nice warm home in the evenings to go exercise. In class Tuesday I still couldn't samba/zamba, but Thursday I could (practice makes perfect). I thought it could be a fluke though, however this morning at class I looked like a pro - by golly I think I've got it Sherlock!
If you are looking for something "new" in your life try Zumba exercise - it's exhilerating and you burn the calories while having fun!
PS: I've been in Zumba classes for nearly two years now and finally mastered the zamba/samba! Hurrah, a New Year a "New" thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment