Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fourth New Thing

Sometimes you don't know it's a new thing til a 13-yr old tells you!!! Yesterday I had the great fortune in writing class guiding my students brainstorming about Kansas leaders, when they used me as an example. WOW! I wasn't even on the Kansas leaders internet list! haha The students were referring to a project I started last week for my TA class called "Helping Hearts for Haiti". We are accepting donations until Friday, February 12th and will present our donation(hopefully large) to the Star of Hope director who has a mission set up in Haiti. I had my daughter, Jaclyn visit my class the day after the earthquake and present a keynote about Port au Prince and the Hatian people. Our business partner, a local medical clinic supplied me with chocolate valentine hearts to give to anyone who made a donation of a dollar or more as a little something sweet to thank them. I have students who work the tables each morning accepting donations, and the rest of my TA class works on announcements, posters, radio spots, our local school station etc....
My wonderful students quickly pointed out Ms. Sillin you had a "Vision" to help others in need, "Impact" because people will be helped, and "Problem Solver" you saw a problem and a way to help solve the problem.
Thank you 7th graders, because I'm only one person, and there is such strength in numbers! I would like to encourage anyone reading this blog to find a way to help someone in need whenever the occasion arises! Have a wonderful year!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment