Monday, January 4, 2010

Nubmer One New Thing!

Well it's only Monday, January 4th, 2010 and I have my first "new thing"-yea! For the first time today I had lunch with two teachers at my new school. We went to Carlos O'Kelly's! I know you might be thinking - big deal, what's so "new" about that???? The past few years I've been very content in my own little shell - I work hard - had to! One week after my 47th birthday my young husband died suddenly leaving me the task of taking over his businesses. With no time to grieve on my own, I ran the only two funeral homes in the county we lived in. Without going into detail right now about owning funeral homes (because that would take a separate blog) I dutifully spent many long hours working and went home each night to a very dark and empty home. Consequently, I closed myself off from just about everything. After a year I returned to what I love-teaching! However, I've used my teaching job as an excuse to work hard all day and close myself up at the end of the day too. So I guess you can see why this luncheon was important and "new" to me today, because I know it will be the first of many now! Sometimes you just got to begin again...........
PS: Thanks Becky and Myra:)

No comments:

Post a Comment