Saturday, March 13, 2010

Off and Running

The Eighth New Thing! Off and running - well not exactly yet, but I will be! I officially signed up for a 5kRun in Madison, WI the end of July! You know once you commit to something you have a sudden panic attack "What was I thinking?" I'm not a runner. I'm not even a jogger, but by July I darn well better be a runner! I have this internal competitive driving force that almost makes me crazy! I don't have to be first but it's important to me to be with the front runners! I met a gal named Tracy who is going to help me train for this. She runs in lots of races and marathons. I'm hoping she'll take it easy on me for awhile, but I know her background and I don't think "easy" is really in her vocabulary. I have set a goal of 30-60 minutes of training a day that I will log in my daily planner at least six days a week - even God took a day off for rest:) We had a very long talk Thursday night about this very thing! Anyhow wish me luck and if you feel inclined post a note back to me, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment